Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you require vaccinations?
Yes we do require your pet to be up-to-date on their rabies vaccine before we can groom him/her. Their updated license is also acceptable.
- What if I have a senior dog and my vet no longer vaccinates them due to their age?
That's not a problem with us, just provide a note from your vet saying they are exempt.
- How long will the grooming take?
Average grooming time for dogs is about 2-3 hours, cats take about 3-4 hours.
- Do I have to leave him/her there all day?
No, when the grooming is finished we call and you can pick them up as soon as you're ready. We do also offer a Pet Taxi service.
- Am I allowed to stay during my pets grooming?
Absolutely! We want you to trust us with your baby, and feel comfortable leaving them in our care. Just let us know when you make your appointment that you'd like to stay for the grooming.
- Do you have any late hours?
Yes! We do offer later appointments on Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment only, no walk-ins will be taken after 5 o'clock on those days.
- Do I need an appointment?
Having an appointment is best, sometimes you can get lucky as a walk-in but there are no guarantees.
- Do I need an appointment for nails?
No, you can have nails done as a walk-in.
- How often should he/she be groomed?
We suggest evey 4-6 weeks; no longer than 8 weeks, depending on breed.
- Do you groom only dogs?
No, we also groom cats, clip nails on rabbits, guinea pigs, birds, etc.
We also cut bird wings.
- How much does grooming cost?
Cost really comes down to how long the grooming takes, and how long the grooming takes depends on breed, the size of your dog, condition of coat (i.e. whether your dog's hair is matted or not), temperament (dogs/cats requiring a muzzle or multiple groomers to groom them will cost more), kind of haircut (haircuts requiring more scissoring take longer and therefore will cost more) and amount of undercoat (depending on breed). Call us for an estimate! 908-755-3342
- Do you need my dog's leash?
Yes we do suggest you bring your dog in on a lead, for their safety and ours. Other small animals should also be in a carrier.
- Do you offer a Military Discount?
Yes we do! Just provide us with a valid ID and you'll get 10% off.